Feb 25, 2014

KD's Polished Sister of the Week!

This week's KD polished sister is Emma Read! Read more about her!




Year: Junior

Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska

Favorite food: Steak

Favorite Fictional Character: Belle because out of all the Disney princesses, she appears to be the most down to earth, in my opinion. She is really into reading, even though people make fun of her for it, she has great family values, she's not afraid to speak her mind, and she's not superficial at all.


Involvement on campus: I'm a member of soap carving club on campus as well as a member of the sigma alpha lambda honor society, and golden key international honor society. I volunteer at Tabitha, deliver Meals on Wheels, and run a food drive every month, through my church, for the Mission.

What do you want to achieve while in college? I am a HRTM major with a minor in history and leadership and communication. While I'm in college I would like to meet and establish friendships with as many people as possible. I would also like to continue to keep up with my extra-curricular activities on and off campus.

Favorite memory of Kappa Delta so far: My favorite memory of Kappa Delta so far is of bid day. I was so terrified going through recruitment because I had no idea of what to expect because none of my family had gone Greek. Each day when I returned to Kappa Delta I felt less stress and I knew that I could be myself when I talked to the girls rushing me. On bid day, I was so nervous to open my bid that my hands were shaking when I ripped open the envelope. When I saw Kappa Delta's name on it, a wave of instant excitement rolled over me. The same excitement that I experienced that day a year and a half ago still flows through me today which tells me that I know I made the right decision by joining Kappa Delta sorority.

Why is Kappa Delta important to you? Kappa Delta is important to me because being a member has helped me meet so many fantastic people who I probably would have never met. Coming to UNL as a sophomore after I spent a year at UNO, I didn't really know very many people outside of who I went to high school with so I thought joining a sorority sounded like a good idea. I had no idea that my friendships established here at Kappa Delta would be so strong and for the first time, I can say that I know that my KD friendships will last even after I graduate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment