Mar 5, 2014

KD polished sister of the week!

This week's KD polished sister is Alyson Junge! Read more about her here!






Sister Bailey Cox and Alyson Junge

Year:  Sophomore

Hometown: Norfolk, Ne

Favorite food: Cherry tomatoes

Favorite Fictional Character:  Ariel

Major: HRTM major with a minor in Leadership.

Involvement on campus: The only thing I’m involved in is Kappa Delta; it’s what I give all my time and effort too. I hold 3 leadership positions in Kappa Delta: Alum Relations, Spirit Chair and Summer PR and Apparel.

What do you want to achieve while in college?: While in college I would like to spend time with my friends before we graduate and go our separate ways. I want to create those memories with them that we’ll look back on and laugh when we’re older. I would also like to give as much back to Kappa Delta as I can since I wouldn’t be the person I am today without it.

What is your biggest accomplishment?: My biggest accomplishment would be becoming certified in different areas of Scuba Diving such as; open water, night diving, and shipwreck diving. I also plan on becoming a dive master this summer in Grand Cayman.

Favorite memory of Kappa Delta so far: I have two favorite memories that happened at the same occasion. My two favorite memories in KD were when I gave my testimonial about my sister and I during White Rose Circle and there was a part in it where I talked about how I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it weren’t for my two best friends Lizzie Moran and Bailey Cox and I remember Lizzie was standing next to me and Bailey was across the room from me and I made eye contact with both of them and we all just started bawling/smiling/laughing at each other. It was that moment that made me realize how important Kappa Delta was to me because without Kappa Delta I wouldn’t have found my best friends. The second one is when I finished my testimonial about my sister (Molly) and I. I got done talking and I remember looking in the crowd for her and she pushed through some girls to get to me and we just hugged each other and bawled for a couple minutes. It was a moment that I will always hold near and dear to me because Kappa Delta brought Molly and I closer than I ever thought we would be and it’s always something that most sisters don’t get to share with each other.

Why is Kappa Delta important to you?: Kappa Delta is important to me because it has given me so many great memories that I will be able to look back on in the future and just smile because I know without Kappa Delta I wouldn’t have had these memories. It has also given me friendships that will last a lifetime. I look at my friends and know that these are the people that will be there for me for the rest of my life through thick and thin. Kappa Delta has also pushed me to be a better person. It has given me the chance to step up as a leader in the house and push myself farther then I ever thought.


Sister Jenna McElmury and Alyson Junge

No comments:

Post a Comment