Feb 12, 2014

KD's Polished Sister of the Week!

Lauren Owens is this week's KD polished sister! Learn more about her here!




Leigh Owens and Lauren Owens

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Omaha, NE 

Major: Hospitality, Restaurant, Tourism Management

Favorite food:
PIZZAAAAAA!

Favorite Fictional Character: 
Mary Poppins

Involvement on campus:.
I am involved as the Panhellenic Vice President of Finance. I am also involved in UNL’s Relay for Life and I hold a job off campus at the Grand Manse.

What is your biggest accomplishment in college?: 
In college, my biggest achievement will be leaving Kappa Delta as a better place than when I started. I have such big dreams for this chapter and I can’t wait to see what my last year has in store.  Also, I was elected to Panhellenic and received so much support from my sisters.

Leadership positions:  I have held many leadership positions in Kappa Delta right now I am currently the Sales Chair. Some of the other positions that I have held are SET Leader, Social Chair, Slate Committee, Open House Round Day Head, Junior Delegate, and Summer Recruitment Committee.

Favorite memory of Kappa Delta so far:. My favorite memory in Kappa Delta is when my sister joined Kappa Delta, and when I saw her running to KD on bid day.

Why is Kappa Delta important to you?: Kappa Delta is important to me because it is where I have learned to become a leader. Without Kappa Delta I would have never gotten the opportunity to take on leadership roles in my chapter as well as on campus. My experience at UNL would have never been the same without Kappa Delta and all the support I have gotten to be a better leader, friend, and student.


Lauren Owens and her Panhellenic team met Greeks from around the country! Here she is with Kappa Delta sisters also on Panhellenic! Definitely KD polished!

No comments:

Post a Comment