Apr 15, 2014

Polished sister of the week!

This week's KD polished sister is Molly Sullivan!




 

Year: Junior

Major: Public Relations/Human Resources
 
Hometown: I am from Lincoln, Nebraska

Favorite food: Brisket with Asparagus

Favorite Fictional Character: Arthur

What are you involved in?: I am an active member in the UNL College Republicans, I take part in volunteering for political campaigns, and I serve as the Treasurer for the Newman Center here on campus.

Whats your favorite memory of kappa delta so far?: My favorite memory of Kappa Delta is the day I joined KD and was over-joyed with the amount of love and excitement from all of my sisters, it is a day that I will truly never forget. From the moment I ran to the house on bid day I felt so accepted and loved by all of the girls. I would not be the person I am today if I had never met these girls.
 
What do you want to achieve in the time that you are in college?:
With one year left in college I want to spend it with my sisters and continue to have fun while helping each other grow and succeed in life.


Why is Kappa Delta important to you?: Kappa Delta is important to me because I am constantly being pushed to be the best version of myself in many different ways. I have learned many life long lessons from being with my sisters that I will carry with me throughout my life. I have also made some of the best friendships with my sisters. We have so many memories and stories that we will always be able to look back on and remember why we chose KD.

Molly also went on a mission trip recently. 
"This spring break I had a wonderful opportunity to spend one week in the mountains of Honduras doing mission work with FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students). While in Honduras, I was working with the Missioners of Christ to share the faith with people in remote villages. In Honduras, many people in these remote areas do not have access to the Sacraments and do not have opportunities to learn about their faith. I was visiting the Honduran people in their homes to talk about their faith and invite them to the programs that we put on during the week. The programs were for children, young adults, and adults that included testimonies, games, and conversations about faith life. I also had the opportunity to experience the culture of Honduras very intimately while I stayed with a host family."



No comments:

Post a Comment